The Fort Worth District fully supports the Government’s policy of placing a fair
proportion of our contracts with qualified small, small disadvantaged, women-owned,
veteran-owned, service-disabled veteran owned, Historically Underutilized Business Zone and Historically Black College and
Universities/Minority Institutions. We consider Small business to be the heart of
the U.S. economy and a very vital part of the Corps’ procurement process. To that
end Carolyn L. Staten has been appointed Deputy, Office of Small Business Programs for
the Fort Worth District. Her role is to “aid, counsel, assist and protect, insofar
as is possible, the interests of small business concerns in order to preserve free
competitive enterprise, to ensure that a fair proportion of the total purchases
and contracts or subcontracts for property and services for the Government be placed
with small business enterprises.”
Keep in mind the following questions, when preparing your information for this website:
- Why should the Fort Worth District contract with my company?
- How are my products or services superior to that of my competitors?
- What are my demonstrated qualifications?
- Why is my specialized experience and technical competence better than others in my field?
- Do I have the capacity to accomplish the work in the required time and within the allocated budget?
- How has my performance been in the past?